From the Heart
- Executive Director, Susan Skoglund
Thanks to you, our faithful partners, 2012 ended “in the black” and what a blessing it was! We saw 1207 individual moms and dads—a few less than 2011—however increased numbers in other areas:
- 770 pregnancy tests given
- 347 ultrasounds
- 407 of the pregnancy tests given were positive, of these pregnant women, we’ve confirmed that at least 92.1% of them chose life for their child. It is likely there were more, but we don’t always hear from them again; some we may only see one time (though we attempt to follow up with all)!
- 477 moms and dads participated in our many classes—131 of those were dads! I’m praising God for these dads who we are reaching, and hopefully teaching integrity and calling to responsibility as we sow gospel seeds and teach parenting skills.
- 113 new car seats were awarded to parents
- 101 new cribs were given to moms and dads
- Thousands of diaper packets passed out
- 588 spiritual discussions with those who came for the pregnancy tests and 8 of those moms surrendered their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ for the very first time! Several others prayed to recommit their lives to the Lord, and we’ve been able to pray with almost every single person.
What a privilege it is to partner with you in this exciting, life giving ministry of Pregnancy Resources. Thank you so much for giving and praying with us to reach this community with our message of help and hope in the name of Jesus Christ.
Posted on Mon, April 22, 2013
by Sara Calcote