Did You Know...
Key Differences between Pregnancy Resources and Planned Parenthood
* We are a life-affirming (non-political) interdenominational Christian ministry offering abortion alternative choices. Parenting and adoption help, education and resources are the focus when a mom chooses life for her child.
* Planned Parenthood, on the other hand, is the # 1 abortion provider in our nation. It is also an international organization reaching all over the world with its services. In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided 329,445 abortion procedures.
* Planned Parenthood received $487.4 million in government funding in 2010, and $223.8 million in private funding. They reported total revenues of over $1 billion.
* Though they are a non-profit organization, they charge for abortions. In 2010, PPFA reported $320.1 million in “Non-government Health Services Revenue.”
* Abortions accounted for 97.6 % of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services for pregnant women in 2009. Care for prenatal clients and adoption referrals only accounted for 2.4% of these services.
* We receive no federal or state monies. Instead, we rely on local families, churches, and foundations to support the services we provide at our two centers.
* Pregnancy Resources’ two centers are both limited medical clinics, serving the Quad Cities and surrounding areas on about $420,000. ALL of our services are FREE and confidential. We’re a true non-profit.
* Planned Parenthood has had a campaign for the past 4 years to discredit life affirming pregnancy centers like ours, spreading lies about what we do. They label us “fake clinics” and warn people to “beware of so called crisis pregnancy centers” on their website. There has even been legislation in several states to try to restrict our ministries.
* Our Commitment of Care ensures that “Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.”
Please consider supporting us if you don’t already.
THANK YOU so much to all of you who do support our life-affirming services. Will you also consider becoming a 10:10 monthly partner?
Based on Jesus’ words in John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full,” our 10:10 monthly partners get monthly new briefings from our Executive Director Susan Skoglund.
All statistics taken from Planned Parenthood Federation of America Annual Reports, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 and from PPFA Fact Sheet: Planned Parenthood Services, January 2011.
IN RELATED NEWS: A new national ministry is reaching out to abortion clinic workers who want to leave their jobs. Led by former abortion clinic director Abby Johnson, the group “And Then There Were None” has helped 18 people transition out of the abortion industry in four short months. Learn more at www.attwn.org.
Posted on Wed, June 27, 2012
by Susan Skoglund